Thank you to everyone who assisted us with our 'Christmas Wish List' campaign 2017:
Once again, we set aside the money we used to spend on company Christmas cards to spend on purchasing gifts for our service users. We asked our care and support workers to nominate service users, who they thought would benefit from a little extra cheer over the Christmas season, to receive a gift which they thought they'd enjoy or may find helpful.
Last year we increased spending to £2000 to allow us to purchase as many gifts as possible, see list below of some of the things we've purchased over the last few years:
- New slippers, nightwear, socks or a dressing gown
- A book which the care worker has identified a service user may be interested in
- Replacement microwaves, kettles, toasters or a hoover
- Bedding, pillows or throws to help keep service users warm
- Toiletries, makeup or a voucher for a haircut or clothes
- Ticket for a football match or other event (if appropriate)
- Chocolates, biscuits, flowers or food hampers
All gifts were delivered by close of business Christmas Eve, thank you to everyone who supported with nominations, as well as those involved with purchasing and delivering gifts to assist with supporting this project. We hope our service users enjoyed receiving their gifts and send everyone our very best wishes for the year ahead.